Thursday, March 5, 2020

Two Truths

Yesterday I read in Paul Tripp’s New Morning Mercies about two truths that are the two most important things that we never need to worry about. 
  1. God loves me.
  2. He is working all things for my good.
These two truths put everything else in perspective. As I begin to worry about my children, I can remember that these two truths apply to them too. As I work on plans for our growing school, I can remember that God loves our students even more than I do and is working to bring the teachers that they need. As I think about our upcoming family trip and the more than 20 hours we will all be in the van together, I can remember how God loves each member of our family and is working to help each one of us grow. Sometimes our areas of needed growth rub each other the wrong way, but it is my prayer that God will even use that to shape us into the people He would have us be. So as we prepare for a long road trip adventure during our Spring Break, I am trusting that God loves us and is using this time to conform us more into the image of Jesus. I hope and pray that we will make great memories together as a family, but I also believe that God is using each day, each struggle, each experience to make us into the people He wants us to be. My prayer for the adventures that lay ahead is that I won’t lose sight of God’s faithful loving care, and I would accept His definition of what is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment