Friday, August 24, 2012

My only true comfort

I have been thinking about comfort lately. I often find comfort in food that I enjoy, in rest in a comfortable bed, and in relationships. I have realized that some of my anxiety related to moving to Uganda, has to do with not having many of the comforts that I have here in America. But these things do not actually provide TRUE comfort. This morning I have been thinking about a catechism question from the Heidelberg Catechism. Here it is:

What is my only comfort in life and in death?

That I am not my own, but belong- body and soul, in life and in death- to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head apart from the will of my Father in heaven. In fact, all things must work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.

Here are some more photos of kids at Good Shepherd's Fold. I got these photos from some facebook posts from people who are currently serving there.

Whether we are in Uganda or in the US, I can rest assured that I belong to God and He is watching over me, my family and His children at Good Shepherd's Fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment