Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving thoughts- a little late



During the holidays this year, I have had several thoughts about our family preparing for our move to Uganda. Thanksgiving has a new meaning after having experienced life in Uganda, even though we were only there for 10 days. As we thought of the many things we have for which to be thankful, it was interesting to think about the many things that we just expect, which we might not have next Thanksgiving. I have never thought to be thankful that we have electricity because, other than during a few tropical storms or snowstorms, I have not had to go without it much. I have not been thankful for clean water because I never experienced the challenges of living without it. But I also began to think of the things that I have which cannot ever be taken away. I am thankful that "nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom.8:39   My loving Lord will be caring for my family wherever we are. On a silly side note, I was wondering if we would be able to eat turkey for thanksgiving in Uganda and I found this crazy photo. I think the preparation of the meal will be a bit different than what I am used to! (This picture is from Claudia Arrango. She is has been serving at Good Shepherd's Fold for 14 years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment