Thursday, March 14, 2013

My new motto: Give something away every day!


Since we have known that we are planning to move to Uganda and since we are not planning to take much with us, I have been in constant downsizing mode. At some point, I realized that even if I gave something away every day for this whole year of preparation we would still have much more than we need, and probably much more than we could even take with us to Uganda. It has been such a fun and freeing way to live, thinking, "what can I give away today?" I do not know if I have given something away every day since I began this new way of thinking, but I am so much happier than when I am thinking about what I want to acquire. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it is hard to get rid of things. But today I was encouraged as I listened to Laura Story singing, "this is not our home." This comes toward the end of her song, "Blessings" which completely turns our idea of blessings on its head. If you are going through any difficulty, or even if you are not, I encourage you to listen to this song. It definitely helps me with keeping perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment