Thursday, April 11, 2013

Overwhelmed

I am so thankful and blessed and overwhelmed at the outpouring of love we received through our church family and our physical families! The women of our community groups and David's mom organized the most thoughtful "Ugandan housewarming shower." Many of the women of our church came, and my mom drove up from Florida to surprise me! (See picture below)We were given nearly everything that we are planning to take with us to Uganda, towels, sheets, even the chocolate chips! Our pastor's wife, who grew up in the Congo, shared some of her story as a missionary kid and encouraged me with reminders of the importance of what God is calling us to do. I have been so richly blessed by this community! And I am reminded that this is just a little taste of how God has lavished his love on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment