Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Recovering

A little over a week ago, I wrote about all the sicknesses we have had recently. I am happy to report that we have finally been three days fever free as a family!! Praise God! Several of the kids still have a bit of a cough, but overall we are much healthier! David also seems to be coughing less often. He has been very tired though, so please continue to pray for his healing.

I have noticed some improvement in the way my tongue feels too. Overall I have less pain, and I am regaining sensation in some parts. I am particularly thankful that the pain is no longer constant, but usually only comes at the end of the day or while I am using it a lot. 

I am so thankful for all of your prayers, both for our recent sickness and for my tongue over the course of the last year or so. I'm also thankful for Kim, a nurse here at GSF and a great neighbor who is reading bedtime stories to my kids. David is already in bed, and reading aloud in the evening is challenging for my tongue. Here is a photo of the kids' room and Kim. 

Even though I am tired and a bit weary from caring for sick family members. I have much for which to be thankful. I am thankful that everyone's health seems to be improving. I am thankful for Kim's help with the kids and dinner clean-up tonight. I am thankful that my family is sleeping peacefully right now. I hope to join them soon! Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment