One of the fun things about our daily commute is seeing all of the interesting things that are transported on the back of Bodas (motorcycle taxis.) A few days ago I went for run and saw a Nile perch (fish) that was about 5 feet long hanging over the back of a Boda. Since I was out for a run, I did not have my camera for that one, but I do have some photos of things I never would have guessed would fit onto one motorcycle. Here is a whole household, bed, mattress, water jugs and more.
Sometimes I have not been quick enough with my camera so here is a list of some of my favorites:
- about 20 chickens hanging by their feet over the back.
- another Boda, one man driving with another man on the back holding his Boda across the seat.
- a table and chairs
- a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids.
- a cage with several live chickens.
- metal roofing sheets that are about 10 ft. by 4 ft.
- glass windshields for cars
These large sacks are very common, at least tripling the width of the Boda.
This is apparently a bread Boda. Lunch anyone?
Here some men are loading up a Boda with water jugs. Today I saw a Boda with about 20 of those water jugs, but missed the photo. I never would have imagined that many water jugs could be attached to one little motorcycle, but they were!
Feel free to comment with your favorite "on the back of a Boda" photo or sighting. Or maybe you have seen something even more interesting. I heard that someone saw a cow on the back of a Boda, but I haven't seen that one yet.