Thursday, December 3, 2015

Welcoming a new baby!

Today GSF welcomed a tiny baby into our family. In this season of Advent it is amazing to remember that Jesus humbled himself and came to earth as a baby. (Phillipians 2:5-7)
As I held this precious, fragile one month old who weighs only 6 pounds, I was so thankful for the opportunity to help care for her. I think of Jesus saying, "whatever you have done for the least of these, you have done it for me." (Matthew 28:40) I pray that as we wonder at the love of God for us in sending Jesus, God will also bring to our minds the "least of these" to whom we can show His amazing, humble love. There are so many ways to do that. 
You can sponsor this precious baby girl at goodshepherdsfold.org. You can consider being foster or adoptive parents. You can support foster families in the Athens, GA area by contacting my friend Kelly at kellyb@chosenforlifeathens.com. You can help send one of our neighbors to school by contributing at http://globaloutreach.org/missionaries.html#FishD. You can participate in local prison ministries. You can care for widows in your community. 

But when I fail to focus on the amazing love I have received in Jesus, all of these opportunities begin to feel like weights and obligations. I need to first take time to just rest in the amazing love of my Heavenly Father for me, sending Jesus to bring me into His eternal family. Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment