Saturday, July 13, 2013

Giving thanks!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever!"

Today I woke thinking of several things that I am thankful for. As I wrote down this list I was thinking how different my expectations are here in Uganda. You might find my list a bit humorous. Here are some things I am thankful for:

1- Solid bowel movements- We have had no diarrhea in the household for over a day! Yay!
2- Electricity- It has only been out for 3 short times in our 10 days here! 
3- Fresh fruit smoothies- Zeke and Ezra are sometimes having trouble finding food they like, but they are eating banana, pineapple, mango and yogurt smoothies. 
4- A visit from friends- The family we met in London drove over to visit from Kampala. Our children have enjoyed playing together and we have enjoyed talking. Their visit has made our rental house feel more like our home. 
5- A fan- It is so nice to have some cooler air at bedtime.
6- Going for a run- This was the first time I got out for some excercise in Uganda. It felt good, but the burning trash did make it hard to breathe.
7- Burritos with cheese- We thoroughly enjoyed eating our last bits of cheddar cheese that we brought with us from the states. 
8- Swimming- There is a pool near our rental house in Jinja and we took our friends there for a few hours. It was good to just relax and have fun swimming with our kids! 
9- Flavors- We found the one place in Jinja that sells wheat bread. 
10- Email- It has been so encouraging for me to get messages from family and friends! Thank you! 

These are just some of the many little blessings of life here that we are thanking God for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment