Monday, July 1, 2013

Today is the day!

I can hardly believe it is here! Tonight our plane is scheduled to leave Atlanta at 9:30pm. We fly overnight to London, have a day layover, and then fly overnight again to Entebbe, Uganda! As a friend sarcastically said, "I'm sure you will arrive well rested and ready to go." Haha. When we land in Uganda, we will do some shopping in Kampala, then drive about 2 more hours to Good Shepherd's Fold. I am so thankful that our gracious teammates have arranged for us to spend our first 3 days and nights at Good Shepherd's Fold to help our family with the transition. Then on July 6th we will move into our rental home in Jinja! So much excitement and change in this week ahead. Please keep us in your prayers! As I spent some time in prayer this morning, the Lord brought this song to mind. We sang it in worship last week, and I wept through most of it hugging my dear friend beside me. I hope these words are an encouragement and blessing to you also.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
A few of my dearest friend
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
Playing with some dear friends
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment