Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lessons from a 5 year old

While it is true that both Ezra and I are short on sleep, he seems to be handling it a bit better than his mom. As we ate lunch together using a voucher from British Airways, he told me how wonderful it is to have this delicious food for free. Then he told me that the man at the ticket counter was "very generous to let us have an extra stop in a country that we have never been to before and still help us get home." I am thankful for his sweet enthusiastic reminders to see the blessings in the midst of every situation. 

For me it is a discipline to "rejoice always" and "give thanks in all circumstances." For Ezra's adventurous heart, it is just natural. I am so thankful to have such a joyful, sweet traveling partner. Each time I have begun to get a bit teary, this precious boy gives me a big hug and kiss. I do have much to be thankful for! He has his moments of difficulty, as we all do, but today I am reminded that "children are a blessing from The Lord!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment