Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful!

"Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, 'rejoice!'" Philippians 4:4
I have so much for which to be thankful. Admittedly, these past few days have been rough, but dwelling on the challenges is not helpful. Instead I want to take some time to count my blessings. I'm sure I will forget some since I am still on some pretty serious pain medicine, but I will at least get a start. This list is not in a particular order, I am just going to use bullets since my brain is thinking in that way right now.

  • I am thankful that I do not have cancer and the doctor was able to remove all the pre-cancerous tissue!
  • I am thankful that my mom has been able to be here with me for this procedure and recovery.
  • I am thankful that my parents-in-law are wonderful and loving and caring for me in their home.
  • I am thankful that I now have a pain medicine that reduces the pain enough for me to swallow. 
  • I am thankful that I was able to have beef broth and Gatorade today. It was my first "meal" since Monday night.
  • I am thankful for friends who are taking Ezra out for play dates.
  • I am thankful for people all over the world who have been praying for me.
  • I am thankful for friends who are checking in on me and offering help. 
  • I am thankful that I can text and email and write, even though I cannot talk. 
  • I am thankful that I have been able to say a few words when my meds are at their peak. 
  • I am thankful for frozen coke which feels soothing on my tongue. 
  • I am thankful for rest. Last night I slept well, only waking to take my pain medicine, and then I was able to fall back asleep before too long.  
  • I am thankful that the doctor was able to do this procedure so quickly so that I can have 2 full weeks to recover here before heading back to Uganda. 
  • I am thankful that I will be back with my family in less than 2 weeks now!
  • I am thankful for a comfy bed.
  • I am thankful that I have a good excuse to be inside in a robe on this ridiculously cold day. 
  • I am thankful for a blog and facebook that I can use to keep in touch with so many people. 
  • I am very thankful that my family and team in Uganda have electricity, after almost 4 weeks without.
  • I am thankful for God's Word which reminds us that this life is not all there is. I have heaven to look forward to, where there will be no more pain! (Rev. 21)
"Give thanks to  the Lord, for He is good; his love endures forever!" Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment