Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tongue update

I was able to see my doctor at Emory today and he recommends that we do a partial glossectomy, removing the portion of the tongue with high-grade dysplasia. It is an outpatient procedure, but if it has become cancer, they will also need to do a neck dissection to remove lymph nodes, which would then require a 3-4 day hospital stay and a more significant recovery time. 

The doctor has a very full operating schedule and does not know if I can have the procedure and a one week follow-up all before my scheduled flight on Jan.28th. Please pray with me that those working on the schedule will find a way! I am missing my family terribly and absolutely dread the thought of having to be apart longer. And please pray that it is still only dysplasia not cancer. I am trying to remember that God is working all things for my good, but I really hope that good is being healed and back with my family soon! Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, of course your Westminster family is holding all of you up in prayer. I feel your homesickness, and I do pray that you will be back with your School of Fish in good health as planned. (Sorry I missed you when you came to campus today. The time totally slipped away and I forgot that you had come.) Love, Becky Callaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, our family is praying for your requests and lifting them to the One who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think (Eph 3:20).
    John, Sarah Grace & family

    ReplyDelete